The Leadership & Occupational Studies program prepares students for more senior-level positions in a military or professional-technical career field by increasing your knowledge of organizational leadership issues, and deepening your knowledge of your specific career field. Students from all backgrounds and occupations are welcome into the program. The diversity of our students' work experience contributes to meaningful classroom discussions and challenges you to develop a deeper understanding of leadership.
Complete a short form and a staff member from the Leadership & Occupational Studies program will follow up with your right away!
Is Leadership and Occupational Studies a good fit for you?
- Do you have a technical certificate, other college credits, or military training that you would like to count toward a new degree?
- Are you at a point in your career that a degree is required to move up in your organization, or to apply for the job that you really want?
- Are you interested in earning a degree that integrates leadership skills with your technical knowledge?
- Do you want a degree that will seamlessly transfer into a bachelor's degree?
If any of these apply, the Leadership and Occupational Studies AAS-T may be a good fit! You can apply your technical credits or up to 30 credits from your Joint Services Transcript to OC's LOS degree. Save time and money by transferring in prior education.
transferRING TO THE BACHELOR OF APPLIED SCIENCE PROGRAM
Do you already have a technical or applied associate degree? Or are you looking ahead to the future? The LOS degree transfers seamlessly into our Bachelor of Applied Science in Organizational Leadership and Technical Management program. Learn more about the BAS OLTM program.
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Construct a philosophy of leadership to guide action
- Identify intrapersonal and interpersonal skills necessary to lead with personal and relational competence
- Design strategies to build and sustain an ethical organizational culture
- Describe methodologies and tools to facilitate operational excellence
- Utilize reflection and research skills to analyze problems and formulate solutions