Home / Programs & Classes / Distance Learning / Notice to Students Living Out of State

Notice to Students Living Out of State

Distance Learning

Federal Policy and state law require that all colleges in the U.S. must be authorized in every state where they wish to offer instruction.  However, some states impose exorbitant fees or have administratively-prohibitive requirements to obtain this authorization.

Therefore, OC students who are or will be living in one of the states listed below where we cannot accept students from or where restrictions apply to Nursing or Allied Health Programs [while enrolled as an OC student] should contact an advisor (AdvisingCenter@Olympic.edu) to consider their options before enrolling at Olympic College.

Students MAY NOT enroll in OC courses while living in these states or territories:

Alabama, American Samoa, Arkansas, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, Wisconsin

Students MAY enroll in OC courses while living in these states:

California, Hawaii, Idaho, Maine, Nebraska, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Virginia

Students MAY enroll in all OC courses except Nursing and Allied Health while living in these states or territories:

Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Palau, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, West Virginia

Pending results of added research, students MAY NOT enroll in OC courses while living in these states or territories (Status may change; refer back often for changes):

Alaska, Guam, Micronesia, Missouri, Montana, New Mexico, Northern Mariana Islands, South Dakota, US Virgin Islands, Utah, Wyoming

What should you do? If you have any questions, please contact the Distance Learning office via email at distancelearning@olympic.edu or call (360) 475-7770 / (800) 259-6718 x7770. We are continually researching policies and will be happy to consult with your about your situation.

Complaint Procedures. As part of the process to serve out-of-state students, state and federal guidelines require us to provide information for resolving complaints about our instruction or student services.

State Policies Change! Please check back often. This website will be updated regularly as new information arrives.