Home / Paying for College / Financial Aid

Financial Aid

Welcome to Olympic College! The Office of Student Financial Services is here to assist you in accessing the various types of financial aid funding you need to ensure that you are able to meet your educational goals. 

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!! In June, Higher One will become BankMobile and the One Account will become BankMobileVibe. More detailed information is forthcoming as it becomes available. Please stay tuned for more details.

ANNUAL PEAK PROCESSING CLOSURE SCHEDULED: The Financial Aid Office will be closed for processing of the 2016-17 applications Friday, June 9 through Friday, June 24. During the closure you may submit documents to our office by mail, fax, and drop-box. You may also contact us: by phone 360-475-7160, fax 360-475-7471, or email financialaid@olympic.edu. Be sure to regularly monitor your application status from the financial aid portal.  

To qualify and continue to receive federal financial aid, students must meet the following eligibility requirements:

  • Must have a high school diploma or GED
  • Must be maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) 
  • Must be a U.S. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen
  • Must have a valid social security number (unless you are from the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Palau)
  • Must not be in default status on a federal student loan or owe a repayment on a federal grant
  • If male and between the ages of 18 and 26, must be registered with Selective Service
  • Must be pursuing a degree or certificate in an eligible program and have an Olympic College goal
  • Undocumented students must apply using the WASFA application 

To receive financial aid, a student must be pursuing an eligible degree or certificate at Olympic College.  Eligible programs include the following:

  • Applied baccalaureate degrees (i.e. BSN, BAS-IS)
  • Associate degrees (i.e. DTAs, AAS-T track 1 or 2, ADN, AS, ATA, and AGS)
  • Certificate programs that are at least 24 credit-hours in length and lead to a professional career (i.e. CC, CP, & CS)  

Listed below are examples of certificate programs at Olympic College that are eligible for financial aid:

Certificate Acronyms: Certificate of Specialization (CS), Certificate of Proficiency (CP), Certificate of Competency (CC)
Non-Degree Program or Certificate Name Educational Program Code Minimum Credit Hours
Technical Support (CP) 509 60
Network Support Technician (CP) 527 58

Barbering (CS)

(state and institutional aid)

820 74

Esthetician (CP)

(state and institutional aid)

822 50


(state and institutional aid)

821 50

Cadet Instructor, Cosmetology (CP)

(state and institutional aid)

280 45
Composites Manufacturing Technology (CS) 607 67
Composites Manufacturing Technology (CC) 607 30
Culinary Arts Institute - Prep Cook (CP) 850 48
Culinary Arts Institute - Lead Cook (CS) 850 84
Culinary Arts Institute - Cook's Helper (CC) 850 24
Electronics (CP) 630 45

Manufacturing Technology (CC)

(state and institutional aid)



Manufacturing Technology - Principles of Precision Machining (CC) 607 39
Architectural Design (CP) 778 54
Architectural Design (CC) 778 36
GIS Technology (CP) 194 60
GIS Technology (CC) 194 43
Civil Design (CC) 783 36
Civil Design (CP) 783 58
Mecanical Technology (CC) 782 35
Mechanical Technology (CP) 783 56
Early Childhood Education State Certificate (CP) 402 47
Human Services (CP) 426 53
Technical Design (CP) 778 45-46
Welding Technology (CS) 814 81
Welding Technology (CP) 814 59
Medical Billing and Coding (CS) 313 62-63
Medical Receptionist (CC) 312 31-32
Medical Assisting (CS) 381 63-64
Polysomnographic Technology (CC) 37C 43
Chemical Dependency Professional (CP) 437 60
Practical Nursing (CS) 326 78
Business Mangement (CP) 502 45
Retail Management (WAFC) (CP) 298 48
Tax Preparer (CC) 505 35
Accounting Clerk (CP) 505 49
Workplace Technology Skills (CC) 551 30
Legal Support Professional (CP) 577 56
General Office Support (CP) 551 46


Note that any certificate program that requires less than 24 credit-hours is not eligible for federal or state financial aid.