Olympic College provides a well-rounded academic experience. Upon successful completion of the BAS IS program,
students will have expanded skills and clear pathways to success.
- ● Design professional development strategies for
evaluating, recommending and applying new
techniques, technologies, computer languages
and user requirements, keeping in mind
organizational needs and emerging technologies.
- ● Develop organizational solutions based on
information systems, applying integrated problem-
solving techniques and systems thinking.
- ● Develop solutions to networking and security
problems, balancing business concerns, technical
issues, and safety.
- ● Apply effective collaborative and communication
skills in a wide range of technical team
environments and evaluate the success of various
team strategies based on the project goals and
- ● Develop successful and respectful relationships
with clients, coworkers, managers and stakeholders,
applying a wide range of adaptive and effective
communication skills to convey complex technical
- ● Analyze and develop recommendations for
information systems design and implementation
in accordance with best practices and standards,
legal and regulatory requirements and ethical and
social considerations including respect for privacy.
- ● Critically evaluate and analyze data using proven
methods to aid organizational decision-making and
- ● Perform analysis, design, implementation,
testing and maintenance of computer-based
systems, following established procedures and
encouraging software development best practices.
- ● Present and compare industry standard tools and
applications for content delivery across various
media, including web, mobile and client/server
environments. Discuss how these tools support the