It’s a good deal! – Here’s why!
Average cost of 5 college credits at a local Community College is
over $485+ books and fees; you pay NOTHING.
- Once you receive your OC transcript you're considered a continuing OC student - not a new OC student - so you're eligible for PRIORITY REGISTRATION for Olympic College classes based on the number of credits you have earned.
- These credits are good at all community and technical colleges in Washington State.
- Earn credit toward a professional/technical college certificate. Many certificates require 45 credits. You could be more than half way there by the time you complete high school.
- Earn credit toward a two-year Professional/Technical AA degree.
- Military bound? Earn a promotion and pay raise with your college credit.
- University bound? Check with the admissions office for more information about credit transfer.
- Stand out! List your college credits on your resume for employers.
Almost all young teens dream of a college education, but many students face formidable roadblocks. Lumina Foundation has joined with the American Council on Education and the Ad Council have a campaign dedicated to raising awareness among students about the critical steps they need to take to get to college. Follow the link, KnowHow2Go, to learn how this campaign encourages students to take these steps and connects them with helpful information and resources.