VA Educational Benefits
POST-9/11 CHAPTER 33 BENEFITS
To learn more about this new VA education benefit, please visit www.gibill.va.gov.
Post 9-11 Chapter 33 Benefit recipients are required to have an instructor complete and sign the Attendance Verification Sheet. Then, return it to the Veterans Services office during the first week of classes each quarter.
Eligibility for the Housing Stipend
The Chapter 33 benefit depends upon a number of factors which include the following:
- Percentage of an individual’s entitlement as determined by the VA. This information is on the VA-issued COE (Certificate of Eligibility )
- Rate of Academic Pursuit (from 7 credits through 12 Credits )
- Instructional Method
- Traditional Classroom (Face-to-Face)
- Hybrid (Distance Learning)
- Web-Based (Distance Learning)
- USB Drive (Distance Learning)
- Length of Course. NOTE: Short-running courses affect housing stipend amounts and course certification.
Please refer to the materials provided at your intake session.
STAFF AT THE VETERANS’ SERVICES OFFICE CANNOT KNOW IF A STUDENT INTENDS TO REGISTER FOR ALL DISTANCE LEARNING CLASSES. IT IS A STUDENT’S RESPONSIBILITY TO SELECT CLASSES ELIGIBLE FOR THE HOUSING BENEFIT AT FACE TO FACE OR DISTANCE LEVEL.
MONTGOMERY G.I. BILL (Chapters 30 and 1606)
You must verify your enrollment every quarter. See how.
See more information on tuition waivers.
See more information on other benefits.