Welcome to the OC Engineering Club website.
Our organization strives to promote the endeavors of its members through projects which educate and enable.
Meeting room is SHP 116 every Thursday starting April 18, 2013.
Our elected officers for 2012-2013 are:
ENGINEERING CLUB NEWS
Much of our communication is done through Facebook, and to that end we encourage anyone interested in joining or simply keeping up to date with our activities to join our group, click HERE to log into Facebook, and then search for Engineering Club at Olympic College.
- Our primary focus this year is to participate in the SAE Baja competition (http://students.sae.org/competitions/bajasae/), to be held on May 2, 2012 in Portland, OR. The task is to design and construct an off-road dune buggy. The judges will be basing their rankings on such things as efficiency, race time, written proposal, design, and cost.
- We also plan to work with local civil engineer Tex Lewis to construct another Clear Creak bridge in Silverdale, WA.
- Recently, our projects have included trips to Boeing's Everett Aircraft Plant, ensuring a steady supply of coffee to the engineering students, assisting the county in the construction of a bridge and conducting our yearly "Dunk Your Professors" fund raiser.
- To become involved with the Engineering Club, please contact club president Dustin White at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 5/23/2012 - Annual Engineering Club Fund Raiser Dunk Tank-This event raised over $ (pending)
- 5/25/2011 - Annual Engineering Club Fund Raiser Dunk Tank-This event raised over $350.00.
- Human Powered Paper Vehicle Competition
- Hydro Power Contest - Project Manager, George Stevens, email@example.com, http://www.ultranet.com/~hands-on/hydro/contest.html - This contest provides an opportunity for students and other interested people to demonstrate their ideas for turning water into power.
- Jet powered Vehicle Construction: Project Manager Eric Meeks. Contact info: For more info see http://www.nickhaddock.co.uk/jetgallery.htm
- Mach One, 10,000 foot Rocket Project - Project Manager Chris Stone, firstname.lastname@example.org , http://www.washingtonaerospace.org/ , http://www.washingtonaerospace.org/fits2005.php
- Remote Control Submersible Competition: Project Manager Chris Stone, email@example.com , http://www.marinetech.org/rov-competition-2/
Webpage revised: April 12, 2013 - Karen Osborn (firstname.lastname@example.org)