Head Coach - Bjorn Bjorke
Phone: (360) 286-5705
Bjorn Bjorke is in his third year as Head Coach of the Men's Golf program. Bjorn has experience running Northwest Junior Golf Tour events in Oregon, Idaho, and Washington. He has taught the game of golf for 10 years, teaching golf classes at Gig Harbor High School while also assisting with the golf team there. For the past 16 years he has worked at McCormick Woods Golf Course in Port Orchard, Wash. He currently runs multiple Northwest Junior Golf Tour events there and also manages the group of Player Assistants and maintains the golf courses computer systems.
Bjorke is also an instructor for the McCormick Woods Junior Golf Camp. He was a board member for McCormick Woods Men's Golf Club from 2004-2007, serving as President in 2006. In addition to his teaching background, Bjorke has a decorated amateur record which includes:
- McCormick Woods Men's Club Champion (1999, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2009)
- 1st place in the WSGA Champion of Champions (2009)
- 5th place in the Bremerton City Amateur (2009)
- 6th place in the Bremerton City Amateur (2008)
- 5th place in the PNGA Men's Mid-Amateur (2008, 2009)
- 57th in the WSGA State Amateur (2009)
Bjorke obtained his Bachelor's degree from the University of Washington in Statistics, minoring in Mathematics.
The Rangers home course, Gold Mountain, has two beautiful championship courses and has earned impressive awards as one of America's finest municipally owned golf courses. The Cascade Course opened in 1971 and is a 7,104-yard course. The Olympic Course opened in 1996 and is a 7,152-yard course.
Some of the impressive tournaments Gold Mountain has hosted in the past few years includes:
- 81st U.S. Amateur Public Links Championships (2006)
- NCAA Men's West Regional Golf Championship (2008, 2010)
- Ping / Golf Week Invitational (2009)
- U.S. Junior Amateur Championship (2011)
Bjorke led the Rangers to a third place finish at the NWAACC Championships in 2011.