Additional Registration Information
Register late with Instructor Permission
Every quarter there is a short period of time after the last day to register that allows students to register with instructor permission.
- Check the academic calendar to determine the last day to register with instructor permission.
- Contact your instructor for permission.
- If you instructor agrees have him/her sign a Registration Add/Drop form. Alternatively the instructor may write a note with his/her signature, or email registration stating you have permission to attend the specific class.
- Return the permission form to the Registration office to enroll in the course.
Over-enrollment into a Full Class
If a class is full, students may:
- Attend the class on the first day of the class. Alternatively, contact your instructor for permission.
- If your instructor agrees have him/her sign a Over-enrollment Form. Alternatively the instructor may write a note with his/her signature stating you have permission to over-enroll the specific class.
- Return the Over-enrollment form to the Registration office to enroll in the course. IMPORTANT: This form must be submitted to Registration within 24 hours of signature.
Attendance: Once enrolled, students are required to attend classes.
Non-attendance: Not attending, or “telling” an instructor you plan to drop a class, does not count as official withdrawal. Contact the instructor directly for an “excused absence” before the class begins.
Withdrawal from a Class
Students must complete the official withdrawal process using OASIS online or in person at any registration location. Students who do not attend and do not withdraw officially will receive a grade and all tuition and fees will be applied. Instructors have the option to administratively drop students for non-attendance during the first week of the quarter for a variety of reasons, including wait-listed students. CAUTION: Many instructors will not drop students and award failing grades for non-attendance.
To remove your enrollment from a course online:
- Use OASIS to drop online.
- Refunds are subject to deadlines. See refund information and deadlines prior to dropping your course.
- Students may drop a course with the following grades subject to deadline dates on the academic calendar:
- No grade reported (usually within the first two weeks of the quarter). See deadline.
- "W" withdrawal date until part way through the quarter. See quarter deadline.
- After the last date to drop with a W grade, contact Registration and Records for additional information.
- Exception: Early or late starting classes may have different deadline dates. Contact R&R for details.
Students may miss deadlines or experience circumstances which may warrant filing a Registrar's Petition to ask for an exception. See Petitioning for Exceptions for instructions and more information. Registration and Records staff can help you decide whether a petition is appropriate in your situation.