Frequently Asked Questions about Military Ed

What is the Military Education Program at Olympic College?

Advisors and staff dedicated to meet the educational needs of active duty military and their families.  The College offers flexible and accessible programs and services that align with military advancement goals and scheduling needs. Services are available at Naval Base Kitsap Bangor and Bremerton at scheduled times.

What services are provided?

Advising, application for admission, registration, degree planning, SOC Student Agreements, and payment processing.  Advisors are trained to meet the needs of military families. Services are available at Naval Base Kitsap Bangor and Bremerton at scheduled times.

Who is eligible for services?

All active duty military and their families may access all services.  Civilians who work on base are also welcome to use the services available there.

How do I get started taking classes?

Complete the Olympic College Admissions process online or in person with an advisor at Naval Base Kitsap Bangor or Bremerton. See enrollment steps for more information.

How do I register for class?

Students can register at Naval Base Kitsap Bangor or Bremerton, or any registration location after meeting the advising requirement. See how to register.

I want to get started on my degree, but I don't know what I want to study.  Can I take classes anyway until I figure out what I want to do?

Absolutely!  Advisors can guide you to classes that fit into most degree paths.  They also have resources available to help you select a degree plan.

What is a SOC Agreement and why do I need one?

A SOC Agreement is a specific degree plan customized for you.  It allows you to begin a degree at OC and finish it at another college if you change duty stations or separate from the military.