English Proficiency Requirements for Admission to High School Completion, Intensive English or Associate Degree Classes
- Applicants should have completed some English study in their high school or college.
- Upon arrival, students will be tested for English skills and placed at the appropriate level of study such as Intensive English, or English 101.
- While TOEFL scores are not required, if the applicant has taken the test, the scores will be used as part of the skill level assessment [recommended TOEFL scores 480 (paper), 157 (computer), 54-55 (IBT)]
- Note: other test scores can be used for English skill assessment, such as:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) [recommended score of 5]
- STEP-Eiken [ Grade 2A ]
- Other equivalent examinations
- at OC for English skills and placement levels.
- Students with 54-55 iBT score usually take one or two quarters of English instruction or Intensive English and other selected classes, to improve their writing, reading, speaking and pronunciation skills as prerequisite to course work.