Financial Aid Status
Please read all the information below before checking your Financial Aid Status Online!
It can take 3 to 6 weeks to process your award from the file completion date (the date all required documents are received by the Financial Aid Office). You can check the APPLICATION STATUS in the FA portal to determine whether your file is complete.
NOTE! Awards are subject to change. Check the FA portal weekly, even after you have been awarded. Below are some APPLICATION STATUS messages and what they mean.
1. FILE READY FOR REVIEW AND PROCESSING AS OF DATE RECEIVED: Shows file completion date.
2. ELIGIBLE FOR LOAN ONLY. SEPARATE APPLICATION REQUIRED: Student qualifies for loans only.
3. AID CANCELLED DUE TO NOT MEETING SAP: Student will need to self-reinstate, petition, or appeal.
4. AID SUSPENDED. EXCEEDED MAXIMUM TIMEFRAME FOR CURRENT PROGRAM: Petition for aid beyond the limits.
5. AWARDED: The student is now awarded financial aid and amounts can be viewed on the portal
6. OTHER MESSAGES: Other messages may be updated to the APPLICATION STATUS in the portal
- If additional documents are required, the FILE COMPLETION DATE may change to reflect the date when all required and additional documents are received by the Financial Aid Office
- OFFERED AWARDS: This means that your award is preliminary, pending final validation.
- ACCEPTED AWARDS: This means that your award has been validated and accepted for disbursement at the next schedule disbursement date
Log in to see the current status of your Financial Aid Application.
If you have completed a FAFSA online and included Olympic College as one of your school choices, you can view your financial aid status including any awards you have been offered on our new Student Financial Aid Portal (click link above).
To log in to the Student Financial Aid Portal you will need your Social Security Number (no dashes) and your six-digit birth date (mmddyy). Those with single digit birth-month may have to drop the leading 0 (zero). For example, a student born on January 9, 1985 may have to enter 10985 (instead of 010985).
Note: Students can change their Global PINs in OASIS. However, it will not update for the Financial Aid Portal until that evening when the synchronization job runs to match the Global PIN to Financial Aid Portal Password. New Global PIN must be at least 5 digits.
What you can see in the Portal:
- Messages from our office
- Documents you have turned in or need to turn in
- Awards you have been offered
- Loan disbursements made
Give us your feedback!Click here to take the survey and tell us how the portal works for you.
Last modified: February 15, 2013 HT