Office of Student Financial Aid
Providing Dollars for OC Students
College Bound Scholarship
The Washington State Achievement Council (WSAC) determines eligibility for College Bound Scholarship (CBS) in a student's 7th grade or 8th grade year. When a student graduates high school, and initiates the college application process, WSAC and FAFSA will do a second income-based determination of a student's CBS eligibility, using the FAFSA's EFC and other requirements.
- Graduate with at least a 2.0 GPA. Remember College Bound does not guarantee admission to college and some colleges require a higher GPA.
- Apply for admission to college.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in a timely manner.
- Meet income guidelines (see chart below).
To receive the award, the CBS student’s family income must fall within 65% of the state’s Median Family Income (MFI) and is verified annually by filing the FAFSA.
College Bound Scholarship MFI Chart 2013-14
(Rounded to nearest $500)
File Your FAFSA on Time and Online!!
The FAFSA is the primary application for all student aid and is used for federal and state grants, work-study, and other assistance. The FAFSA will determine your income eligibility to receive the College Bound award.
Receive Notification from the Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC)
The state agency that received your College Bound application and will work with colleges to pay your scholarship. The WSAC receives your FAFSA information and will notify you via email (the one you listed on your FAFSA) once the information is matched to your College Bound application.
IMPORTANT: If you don’t hear from the WSAC within two weeks of submitting your FAFSA, call them at 1-888-535-0747.
OC Financial Aid Office Calculates Your Award
Your name will be sent to Olympic College if you listed it on your FAFSA verifying that you are a College Bound Scholar.
Olympic College will:
- Determine if your income (as reported on the FAFSA) meets the income eligibility guidelines.
- Calculate your financial aid award.
- Send you an Award Letter after you have been accepted to the college indicating how much financial aid you will receive.
Your College Bound award will combine with other state and federal financial aid you may be eligible to receive to provide an award equal to tuition, with funds left over to assist you with other college expenses.
Last updated: March 4, 2014 KF