Office of Student Financial Aid
Providing Dollars for OC Students
How do I Apply for Financial Aid?
The first step to filing your financial aid is to complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students who plan to attend college in the summer or fall would need to complete the FAFSA in January of their senior year. The second step is to complete the OC admissions application (if you a new first time student at OC). Third complete the OC Financial Aid Data Sheet. There are, however, other eligibility requirements and exceptions.
What are the Eligibility Requirements for Financial Aid?To qualify and continue to receive federal financial aid, students must meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress SAP
- Must be a US citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Must have a valid social security number (unless you are from the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Palau.
- Must not be in default on a federal student loan, or owe a repayment on a federal grant.
- If male, between the age of 18 and 26, must be registered with Selective Service.
- Must be pursuing a degree or certificate in an eligible program
What Programs are Eligible for Financial Aid?
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Associate degrees (i.e., AA, ADN, AS, ATA, and AGS)
Certain certificate programs are eligible for financial aid. Click on the quick links on the left for more information on eligible certificate programs.
Students who do not meet the requirements above can contact the financial aid office for referral to other programs and funding options available at Olympic College.