Polysomnographic Technology

Articulation Agreement with Highline Community College

A Polysomnographic Technologist works under the general supervision of a clinical director (M.D., D.O., or PhD) or designee to provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders. This may involve polysomnography, diagnostic and therapeutic services or patient care and education.

Olympic College, in conjunction with Highline Community College, offers a unique program for students to obtain a certificate in Polysomnographic Technology. First, students must complete pre-requisite courses at Olympic College, then students can apply to the certificate program at Highline Community College. The certificate program is a full-time, three-quarter program:


Certificate of Completion (in conjunction with Highline Community College)

  • Polysomnographic Technology (43 credits)
    offered every other year (next program starts Fall 2014)

NOTE: More advanced programs require transfer to Highline Community College after completion of basic courses online.


  • Polysomnographic Technicians work with physicians in state-of-the-art medical facilities to diagnose and treat over 90 different sleep disorders. It is a profession where you can make a difference.
  • The unique format of on-line lectures and hands-on labs is done in segments. A clinical internship arranged in the student's home location is designed to meet the needs of a wide range of students from different geographical areas.
  • This is a great option for students working in the medical field or for someone motivated to complete their education in one year.
  • A medical professional transfer program with Highline Community College allows students to continue to develop the expertise needed to become polysomnography technicians. Many openings are available for successful candidates who want to work days, nights, and/or weekends as a polysomnographer.

The Polysomnography Program, which is a collaboration with Highline Community College, is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.


For up-to-date information, go to http://www.onetonline.org/ and simply enter the job title in Occupation Search field.


Current wage information can be found for each career option. After finding the career option in O*NET online, click on Wages & Employment, select Washington in the State & National field and GO.




J.D. Pellock
Phone: 360.394.2771
Email: jpellock@olympic.edu

Source: 2012 Workforce Development "Red Book", 2014-2015 Olympic College Catalog