Certificate of Completion
In this program students will learn to greet patients and other visitors, make appointments and verify insurance information using a computer, prepare and maintain patient charts, use electronic methods to maintain patient records, answer phones and take accurate messages. They will learn to utilize medical terminology and be aware of the implications of federal and state legal guidelines as they apply to ambulatory healthcare settings. Successful students will receive a certificate of completion once they have satisfied all program requirements.
Medical Receptionist students are required to take the Accuplacer test for English placement. In order to begin the program, students must place into English 101, or alternatively, complete English 098 with a 3.0 or higher or English 099 with a 2.0 or higher.
Program Outcomes Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Use effective verbal, listening and written communication skills to interact personally and professionally in a healthcare setting.
- Use appropriate interpersonal skills to provide excellent service to patients, clients and coworkers.
- Promote tolerance and equal treatment of all patients and coworkers.
- Access, evaluate and organize information successfully using a variety of resources.
- Use technology effectively to successfully accomplish office tasks.
- Prioritize and appropriately multitask in a variety of healthcare setting situations based on customer service principles and organizational values.
- Critically evaluate medical office situations from multiple perspectives to find appropriate solutions.
- Work effectively as a healthcare team member.
Gainful Employment Program DisclosureCost of Program
|Tuition & fees:||$ 2,649|
|Books & supplies:||$ 1,925|
| Total cost of Instruction (does not include room & board): ||$ 4,574|
Length of Program
|Intended time to complete:||3 quarters|
|% of graduates who completed on time:||*|
| * Withheld for privacy -- fewer than 10 completed in the year|
|Jobs related to this program:||SOC:|
| Medical Secretaries||43-6013.00|
Job placement rate:
|Median program graduate debt from:|| |
| Federal loans:||$0.00|
| Private educational loans:||Not applicable (N/A)|
| Institutional financing plan:||N/A|
% of program graduates who took educational loans:
|% of our students successfully repaying federal loans:||100%|
|CIS||150||Survey of Computing||4|
|MEDA||112||Med Law, Ethics and Bioethics||3|
|MEDA||120||Medical Office Procedures I*||4|
|MEDA||140||Medical Receptionist Skills||2|
|MEDA||141||Medical Receptionist Externship*||3|
| || |
|or the following two courses:|
|MEDA||160||Medical Terminology I*||3|
|MEDA||161||Medical Terminology II*||3||5-6|
| || |
|MEDA||163||Medical Insurance Billing*||3|
|MEDA||180||AIDS/HIV/Blood Borne Pathogens||1|
|OLRM||220||Human Relations in the Workplace||3|
|Total Credits Required||31-32|
*See course description for prerequisite.
Source: 2013-2014 Olympic College Catalog, Gainful Employment 11/14/11