Industrial Trades Technician (Apprenticeship)
Associate in Technical Arts, Certificate of Specialization, or Certificate of Completion
The jobs with top salaries are those that combine academic, technical, and critical thinking skills. This comprehensive industrial trades program blends theory and practical applications to bolster learning experiences in oral and written communications, interpersonal skills, applied mathematics, and applied physics.
Olympic College can help you prepare to qualify for workforce positions that offer security for your future. Cooperative work experience in a variety of settings spans an effective partnership between you (a civilian), your government employer, and Olympic College that can reinforce both industrial skills and academics. This program offers excellent opportunities for men and women to succeed in a career of their choice. The student will have developed knowledge and skills necessary for advancement to supervisory positions.
Program GoalsStudents graduating with an ATA will possess the specific knowledge and skills required for successful completion of journeyworker academic training in one of the following trades:
||Composite Plastic Fabricator|
||Heavy Mobile Equipment Electrician|
||High Voltage Electrician|
||Temporary Services Electrician|
||Marine Machinery Mechanic|
||Heavy Mobile Equipment Mechanic|
||Temporary Services Pipefitter|
||Utilities Service Repair Operator|
||Temporary Ventilation Mechanic|
||Non-Destructive Test Examiner|
||Production Machinery Mechanic|
||Production Machinery Electrician|
||Electronic Industrial Controls Mechanic|
Program Outcomes Upon completion of this program, successful students will:
- Possess the basic skills to operate comfortably and effectively in an industrial work setting.
- Apply critical thinking and technical abilities to resolve industrial and personnel problems.
- Participate effectively as a team member in the work process.
- Demonstrate the academic knowledge and skills necessary for journeyworker level certification in their specific trade.
- Recognize the significance and desirability of reliable and ethical behavior.
- Demonstrate self-reliance and dependability in a variety of work situations.
||Puget Sound Naval Shipyard Bldg 460, Room 253
||Puget Sound Naval Shipyard Bldg 460, Room 242
NOTE: Graduates of the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard Apprentice Program may attain an ATA Degree using the graduation requirements in any OC catalog under which they were in attendance even if more than eight years ago.
Source: 2014-2015 Olympic College Catalog