NOTE: (Open to employees of PSNS, IMF, and Keyport only).
The Industrial Trades Technician (Apprenticeship) Program is a collaborative program between Olympic College, Puget Sound Naval Shipyard, and Naval Intermediate Maintenance Facility. This comprehensive industrial trades program blends theory and practical application to bolster learning experiences in oral and written communications, interpersonal skills, applied mathematics, and applied physics.
At the end of the program, successful students will be able to:
- Possess the basic skills to operate comfortably and effectively in an industrial work setting.
- Apply critical thinking and technical abilities to resolve industrial problems.
- Participate effectively as a team member in the work process.
- Operate as a journeyman or woman in a chosen trade specific area.
- Recognize the significance and desirability of reliable and ethical behavior.
- Demonstrate self-reliance and dependability in a variety of work situations.
Associate in Technical Arts
Certificate of Specialization
Certificate of Completion
Certificate of Recognition
- Pre-Industrial Trades Technician-Helper Program (16 credits)
Start as an apprentice at any of the Naval Base Kitsap locations
MEDIAN HOURLY WAGE IN WASHINGTON STATE
$13.47 - $33.79
Source: 2012 Olympic College Workforce Development "Red Book"