Certificate of Recognition
||Humanities & Student Services 203G
This certificate is designed to provide students with entry-level Fashion Marketing skills. Students will learn about market segments within the fashion industry, the practical application of visual merchandising techniques, costume history in Western culture, and fashion styling strategies.
Program Outcomes Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Demonstrate and apply research methodology to identify relevant demographics and their effects on target marketing.
- Identify, analyze and apply the theory that clothing is a reflection of trends in technology, music, literature, art and social values.
- Identify, describe and analyze manufacturing techniques used to create garments from the preindustrial period through today.
- Create a planogram, identify fixtures and develop a floor plan for a specific department or store.
- Effectively use oral and written communications skills in a fashion related environment.
- Display a working knowledge of fashion styling by creating a visual presentation and written plan that incorporates image, style and identity.
- Work respectfully and collaboratively with diverse individuals and teams.
||Introduction to the Fashion Industry
||Visual Merchandising and Promotion
||History of Fashion
|Total Credits Required
*See course description for prerequisite.
Source: 2014-2015 Olympic College Catalog