Students will learn about market segments within the fashion industry, the practical application of visual merchandising techniques, costume history in Western culture, and fashion styling strategies.
DEGREES & CERTIFICATES
Certificate of Recognition
At the end of the program, successful students will be able to:
- Demonstrate and apply research methodology to identify relevant demographics and their effects on target marketing.
- Identify, analyze and apply the theory that clothing is a reflection of trends in technology, music, literature, art and social values.
- Identify, describe and analyze manufacturing techniques used to create garments from the preindustrial period through today.
- Create a planogram, identify fixtures and develop a floor plan for a specific department or store.
- Effectively use oral and written communications skills in a fashion related environment.
- Display a working knowledge of fashion styling by creating a visual presentation and written plan that incorporates image, style and identity.
- Work respectfully and collaboratively with diverse individuals and teams.
Source: 2014-2015 Olympic College Catalog