Associate in Technical Arts
The Electronics Program at Olympic College provides for two years of instruction designed to prepare a student for entry in the field or industry.
Upon completion of the Associate in Technical Arts Degree (ATA) a student may transfer these credits and apply them towards a Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Technology at a four-year institution.
Studies include industrial control circuits using linear integrated circuits and other solid state devices, digital circuits, microcomputer operation and languages, microprocessors, as well as studies in general industrial electronics.
Program Outcomes Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Analyze, interpret and trace digital logic diagrams used in signal tracing of complex digital circuits.
- Select and operate electronic test equipment during troubleshooting and repair operations, with an emphasis on safety in use and accuracy in results.
- Design and evaluate machine language programs for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Based upon equipment troubleshooting results, research and document required replacement parts.
- Successfully replace miniature circuit board components using industrial standard soldering/fabrication techniques.
- Effectively communicate with and advise customers and co-workers, both written and orally, regarding the progress of and decisions made concerning test and repair procedures.
- Pass industry/Federal-style examination on the theory and procedures of electronic technology.
|ELECT||103||Introduction to Solid-State*+||5|
|ELECT||111||Direct Current Circuit Laboratory*-||3|
|ELECT||112||Alternating Current Circuit Lab*-||3|
|ELECT||113||Basic Solid-State Laboratory*-||3|
|ELECT||160||Computer Applications I*-||2|
|ELECT||165||Introduction to Digital Logic*-||4|
|ELECT||166||Introduction to Digital Logic Lab*-||2|
|ELECT||170||Computer Applications II*-||2|
Students taking ELECT 200 with a passing grade of 3.0 may test out of Electronics classes 101 through 170.
|ELECT||202||Advanced Solid-State Devices*||5|
|ELECT||212||Advanced Solid-State Circuit Lab*||3|
|ELECT||213||Special Circuits Laboratory*||3|
|ELECT||225||Advanced Digital Circuits*||5|
|ELECT||235||Advanced Digital Circuits Laboratory*||2|
|ELECT||238||Advanced Microprocessor Lab*||2|
|ENGL&||101||English Composition I*||5|
Choose one of the following two classes:
|ENGL&||102||Composition II*||5|| |
| || |
|MATH&||141||Precalculus I: Algebra*||5|
|OLRM||225||Human Relations in Organizations||5|
|Successful completion of additional courses numbered 100 and above||5 |
|Total Credits Required||101|
-Required first year curriculum.
+Course may be eligible for advance credit for qualified students. Contact an appropriate Division Dean for more information.
*See course description for prerequisite.
Source: 2014-2015 Olympic College Catalog