Early Childhood Education
Early Childhood Education (ECE) may be right for you if…You enjoy working with both children and adults; you are interested in the way children grow and develop; you’d like to make a positive difference in the lives of families and children.
At the end of the program, successful students will be able to:
- Acquire, interpret and use information and resources that support industry defined appropriate practice.
- Work as a team member and demonstrate respect for diversity in an early childhood environment.
- Demonstrate professional and personal accountability in decision-making and practices relative to children, families, colleagues and community.
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing in the context of early childhood settings. Design, maintain, document and evaluate early childhood environments and programming.
DEGREESAssociate in Applied Science—Transfer
Associate in Technical Arts
- AAS to all public universities in Washington state
- Brandman University
- Eastern Washington University
- The Evergreen State College
- Washington State University
NOTE: Olympic College also offers these Early Childhood Education licensing and endorsement opportunities:
- Washington State Training and Registry System (S.T.A.R.S.)
- Many courses apply towards an ECE Endorsement (For those with a Washington State Teaching Certificate.)
- Head Start, Preschool or Child Care Teacher
- Program Supervisor at Child Care Centers
- Director, Early Childhood Program
- Family Home Child Care Provider
- Assistant or Aide in Primary classroom or kindergarten
MEDIAN HOURLY WAGE IN WASHINGTON STATE
$9.95 - $12.49
Source: 2012 Olympic College Workforce Development "Red Book"