Certificate of Specialization
This program provides coursework to qualify for the Washington State Basic Esthetics Licensing exam. Topics include: general sciences, skin care, temporary hair removal, make up and business practices. Coursework will be taught in a combination of classroom and lab settings.
Program Outcomes Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Demonstrate written skills required for the application process to obtain state licensure.
- Perform industry employability skills such as punctuality, reliability, decision-making, integrity and leadership.
- Respect the need to deliver worthy service for value received in an employer-employee relationship.
- Perform basic COSetics industry skills in the areas of care of the skin, facial massage, successful use of required implements and equipment, appropriate application of makeup, various methods for removal of unwanted hair, and lash/brow tinting.
- Perform the basic analytical skills to determine proper use of skin care products, facial equipment, makeup, and hair removal applications for the client's overall image.
- Observe state safety and sanitation laws and regulations and uses appropriate protective measures to provide a safe working environment.
|Business & Technology
|Complete these before enrollment into Cosmetology Courses
||Business and Personal Mathematics*
Choose one of the following two courses:
||Human Relations in the Workplace
||Intro to Esthetics*
||Esthetics General Sciences I*
||Esthetics Skin Care I*
||Esthetics Lab Clinic I*
||Esthetics General Sciences II*
||Esthetics Skin Care II*
||Esthetics Lab Clinic II*
||Esthetics Skin Care III*
||Esthetics Lab Clinic III*
|Total Credits Required
*See course description for prerequisite.
Source: 2014-2015 Olympic College Catalog