Certificate of Proficiency
This program will prepare students for entry into the salon field and will enable them to perform all services normally offered in the cosmetology profession of esthetician.
To be considered for admission into the Cosmetology Program, the following prerequisites need to be met:
- MATH 090A with a grade of 2.0 or above or satisfactory placement test score.
- Appropriate placement score, ENGL 093 or higher with a grade of 2.0 or better.
For acceptance into the program, the student must make application at the West Sound Technical Skills Center and meet all prerequisite and entrance requirements.
Program Outcomes Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Demonstrate written skills required for the application process and examination to obtain state licensing.
- Exhibit managerial skills and working knowledge of state laws that is necessary to establish a new, small business or operate an existing salon or retail business.
- Apply product knowledge of the industry in a retail sales and service environment.
- Provide training to clientele via educational seminars and consultation.
- Perform employability standards such as customer service, communication and listening skills, performance characteristics (i.e., adaptability, responsibility, punctuality, cooperation, etc.), and work ethics.
- Observe safety issues and industry-related laws and regulations, and remedy unsafe practices.
|Advisor ||Office ||Phone |
|Business & Technology||Technical 103||360.475.7360|
|BMGMT||140||Business and Personal Mathematics*||5|
|OLRM||220||Human Relations in the Workplace||3|
|ESTH||182||Temporary Removal of Hair*||5|
|ESTH||183||Diseases and Disorders of the Skin*||6|
|ESTH||185||Safety and Sanitation*||3|
|Total Credits Required||52|
*See course description for prerequisite.
Source: 2013-2014 Olympic College Catalog, Gainful Employment 11/10/11