Certificate of Proficiency
This program will provide the training necessary to become an effective instructor of barbering, manicuring, esthetics, or cosmetology. The training will be devoted to the development of quality principles of instruction and is designed to assist the student teacher to develop both skills in the clinic and classroom supervision and training components.
To be considered for admission into the Cosmetology Program, the following prerequisites need to be met:
- MATH 090A with a grade of 2.0 or above or satisfactory placement test score.
- Appropriate placement score, ENGL 093 or higher with a grade of 2.0 or better.
For acceptance into the program, the student must make application at the West Sound Technical Skills Center and meet all prerequisite and entrance requirements.
Program Outcomes Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Demonstrate written skills required for the application process and examination to obtain state licensing.
- Exhibit managerial skills and working knowledge of state laws.
- Be an effective instructor of barbering, manicuring, esthetics, or cosmetology.
- Provide training to students via educational seminars and consultation.
- Apply knowledge to assist the student to develop skills in the clinic under classroom supervision and training.
|Business & Technology
||Business and Personal Mathematics*
||Human Relations in the Workplace
||Methods of Teaching
||Student Leadership Development
||Testing and Rating
||Audio Visual Materials
||Philosophy of Vocational Education
||Clinical Supervision & Management I
||Clinical Supervision & Management II
||Clinical Supervision & Management III
|Total Credits Required
*See course description for prerequisite.
Source: 2013-2014 Olympic College Catalog, Gainful Employment 11/10/11