The Olympic College Business Management program prepares students for leadership roles in retail sales, public service, government and small business environments. The program mission is “To assist individuals in mastering the management/leadership relationship while adapting strategies that foster personal growth, technological skills, and ability to change in a dynamic global business environment.”
DEGREES & CERTIFICATES
Associate in Technical Arts
Certificate of Proficiency
Certificates of Recognition
- Sales and Marketing (19 credits)
- Small Business (15-19 credits)
- Supervisory/Human Resource Skills (19 credits)
- The Evergreen State College
At the end of the program, successful students will be able to:
- Articulate the relationship of leadership and how it relates to functions of management.
- Use basic accounting information and quantitative analysis to suggest effective solutions to business problems and situations as they relate to management, investors, creditors and government agencies.
- Effectively use oral and written communication skills as they relate to business environments.
- Effectively use computer software to research and organize information, supporting management information systems and decision making.
- Evaluate and suggest improvements to product/service delivery in meeting customer and marketplace needs.
- Show respect and ability to work with diverse individuals and teams.
- Analyze legal and ethical implications of business conduct.
- Develop strategies that foster personal growth and ability to change in a global business environment.
For up-to-date information, go to http://www.onetonline.org/ and simply enter the job title in Occupation Search field.
Some programs fall under Gainful Employment regulations. Please visit www.olympic.edu/GainfulEmployment for disclosure information.
MEDIAN HOURLY WAGE IN WASHINGTON STATE
Current wage information can be found for each career option. After finding the career option in O*NET online, click on Wages & Employment, select Washington in the State & National field and GO.
REQUIREMENTS FOR LICENSURE AND EMPLOYMENT
Currently no license is required for many business careers in Washington State. Students are encouraged to research career goals as more employers are seeking employees with degrees and may also require specific requirements. http://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/
Stephen Quinn (Entry Advisor)
Kandace MacKaben (Shelton)
Source: 2012 Olympic College Workforce Development "Red Book"