Workplace Technology Skills
Certificate of Completion
This certificate option prepares students with technology skills for work in today’s business and service industries. Students will develop foundational skills in teamwork, critical thinking, basic office skills, customer service, and current office technology.
Program Outcomes Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in professional and personal situations in the following ways:
- Work effectively, individually and as a team member, to serve customers and complete projects and tasks.
- Use effective verbal, written and visual communication skills to build effective human relations.
- Review standard grammar, usage and punctuation in written documents intended for a variety of readers.
- Perform computer functions in a MS Office environment, produce professional documents and communicate electronically.
- Manage time, resources, and information.
- Recognize when and how to use problem solving skills.
- Use information technology to explore career options in technology related occupations.
- Gain effective strategies to actively participate and succeed in a learning environment.
- Increase awareness of self-worth, and enhance the ability to make positive choices about values, skills and attitudes.
||Customer Service Information Age
||General Office Procedures*
||Introduction to Windows
||Survey of Computing
||Human Relations in the Workplace
Two of the following three courses will be required:
||MS Word Specialist*
||MS Excel Specialist*
||Access for Professionals*
One of the following three courses will be required, or proficiency exam, based on skill level:
|Total Credits Required
*See course description for prerequisite.
Source: 2013-2014 Olympic College Catalog