Certificates of Recognition
Customer Service Specialist
This program prepares participants to provide quality customer service by equipping them with the necessary human relations and technological skills to succeed in the modern service industry.
Program Outcomes Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Using effective verbal, listening, and written communication skills in all work-related activities.
- Using professional interpersonal skills to provide service to clients, customers, and co-workers.
- Applying conflict resolution skills to prevent or resolve a work-related issue or conflict.
- Applying problem solving techniques to meet the customers’ needs in a timely, efficient, and professional manner.
- Adding value to the work environment and team by applying a service attitude.
- Promoting tolerance and the equal treatment of all customers and co-workers through an understanding of diversity.
- Using professional telephone and e-mail etiquette in all telephone and electronic communication.
- Selecting and applying appropriate technology to meet the customers’ needs.
- Being informed and proactive concerning current developments and new technology that affect the workplace.
- Using networking skills and a professional attitude to gain meaningful work experiences and employment advancement.
||Customer Service Information Age
||Survey of Computing
||Human Relations in the Workplace
|Total Credits Required
*See course description for prerequisite.
Source: 2013-2014 Olympic College Catalog