Certificate of Completion
This program prepares students to supplement an administrative-type career with basic bookkeeping responsibilities for business or departmental budgeting.
Program Outcomes Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Effectively apply components of the accounting equation to typical business transactions.
- Establish and maintain internal control procedures.
- Effectively use a variety of computer software to accomplish office tasks and to process accounting information.
- Apply mathematical concepts to typical business situations.
- Understand and effectively use accounting and business terminology to produce reports, to converse in a business-type setting, and to follow directions.
|Choose one of the following two courses or pass proficiency test to achieve 35 NWAM keyboarding and 35 KPM 10-key calculator proficiency requirements:|| |
|BSTEC||110||Beginning Keyboarding||3|| |
| || |
|BSTEC||124||MS Excel Specialist*|| ||4|
|BSTEC||130||Practical Accounting|| ||5|
|BSTEC||132||Electronic Printing Calculators|| ||2|
|BSTEC||133||Computerized Accounting*|| ||4|
|BSTEC||135||Accounting Simulation/Serv Business*|| ||1|
|BSTEC||136||Accounting Simulation/Merch Business*|| ||1|
Choose one of the following data entry software applications:
|Total Credits Required||24|
*See course description for prerequisite.
Source: 2014-2015 Olympic College Catalog