Administrative Office Support
Helps students develop skills to work in a business office in varied administrative office support positions.
DEGREES & CERTIFICATES
Associate in Technical Arts
Certificate of Proficiency
Certificate of Completion
Certificate of Recognition
At the end of the program successful students will be able to:
- Effectively use a variety of computer software to accomplish office tasks.
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing in the context of common business practices.
- Apply mathematic concepts to typical business situations.
- Design, maintain and evaluate office systems (paper flow, mail procedures, records management, etc.)
- Work as a team member in an office environment to accomplish the goals of the organization…and more.
For up-to-date information, go to http://www.onetonline.org/ and simply enter the job title in Occupation Search field.
MEDIAN HOURLY WAGE IN WASHINGTON STATE
Current wage information can be found for each career option. After finding the career option in O*NET online, click on Wages & Employment, select Washington in the State & National field and GO.
REQUIREMENTS FOR LICENSURE AND EMPLOYMENT
Currently no license is required for many business careers in Washington State. Students are encouraged to research career goals as more employers are seeking employees with degrees and may also require specific requirements.
Source: 2012 Olympic College Workforce Development "Red Book"