Certificate of Proficiency
A one-year program for students seeking basic accounting clerk preparation, or who desire refresher courses.
Graduates of this program may seek employment in public, private, and/or governmental entities as accounting clerks, bookkeepers, accounting support, or payroll assistants.
Program Outcomes Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Effectively apply components of the accounting equation to typical business transactions.
- Maintain internal control procedures.
- Effectively use a variety of computer software to accomplish office tasks and to process accounting information.
- Apply mathematical concepts to typical business situations.
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing in the context of common business practices.
- Work as a team member in an office environment to accomplish the goals of the organization.
- Understand and effectively use accounting and business terminology to produce reports, to converse in a business-type setting, and to follow directions.
- Demonstrate the ability to use the library, Internet, and Internal Revenue Service publications to access accounting and payroll information.
|Choose one of the following two courses:|
|BMGMT||140||Business and Personal Mathematics*||5|
| || |
|BSTEC||110||Beginning Keyboarding (or pass proficiency test)||3|
|BSTEC||123||MS Word Specialist*||4|
|BSTEC||124||MS Excel Specialist*||4|
Choose one of the following two courses:
|BSTEC||135||Accounting Simulation/Serv Business*||1|
|BSTEC||136||Accounting Simulation/Merch Business*||1||1|
| || |
Choose one of the following three courses:
| || |
|ENGL&||101||English Composition I*||5|
|OLRM||220||Human Relations in the Workplace||3|
|Total Credits Required||49|
*See course description for prerequisite.
Source: 2013-2014 Olympic College Catalog