There are many excellent career opportunities for men and women in Early Childhood Education. There is an ongoing demand for qualified staff in the field of ECE. Pay scales for entry-level positions range from minimum wage to $12.00 an hour depending upon the employer. With experience and continued education, graduates of the early childhood education program may pursue management level positions, such as center director, resulting in higher pay ranges.
Career options include:
- Head Start, Preschool or Child Care Teacher
- Program Supervisor at a Child Care Center
- Director of an Early Childhood Program
- Family Home Child Care Provider
- Assistant or Aide in a Kindergarten or Primary classroom
- Special Education Program Assistant or Aide
Plus, students who complete the Associate of Arts and Science degree at Olympic College and continue their studies at a four-year college or university will further increase their career options.