INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
Why should I participate?As a student participant, you can:
- “Test drive” possible career options early in your education
- Gain technical skills in your field of interest
- Be introduced to industry tools and technologies
- Enhance your collaboration and communication skills
- Learn workplace etiquette
- Develop relationships with industry mentors
- Network with industry members in your field of interest
- Bring your “real world” experiences into the classroom
- Earn college credit and/or monetary compensation
- Increase your marketability for 4-year college or university admissions and permanent employment upon graduation.
Who is eligible to participate?To participate as a student participant, you must:
- Be enrolled at Olympic College,
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5,
- Have completed at least 15 college-level credits,
- Have an interest in the Sciences, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics, and
- Plan to transfer to a 4-year college or university.
NOTE: Participation is open to all Olympic College students who meet the eligibility criteria and is not limited to students currently enrolled in the MESA Program.
How Do I Get Started?To initiate participation in the Program, you must:
- Review the Program eligibility requirements above.
- Complete the electronic Student Profile.
- Update or develop your resume. If you don’t have a resume, use the Resume Template, Resume Tips, and the Resume Sample as a starting point. Customize the template to highlight your unique knowledge and qualifications. If you need further assistance developing your resume, contact Dr. Jodi L. Carson, Program Facilitator, email@example.com, to schedule a time to meet.
- Email the completed Student Profile and a copy of your resume to Ms. Laura Priddis, Program Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org, for review and approval.
What Happens Next?Once your Student Profile and resume have been approved, you must:
- Preview participating Employer Profiles and informational summaries
- Create an online account using OC’s Interfase™ Database System, https://www.myinterfase.com/olympic/student/home.aspx
- Use the Interfase™ Database System to search and apply for posted internship opportunities
- If contacted by a candidate employer, communicate directly with them to schedule interviews or finalize hiring terms
- If hired, sign the cooperative Participation Agreement <link to file>
Where can I Learn More?To learn more, please contact:
Dr. Jodi Carson, Project Lead
Science & Technology Bldg., Room 108
T: 360.475.7499 or email@example.com
Ms. Laura Priddis, Project Assistant
Additional Program and procedural information is also available in the Washington STEM Experiential Learning Program Guidelines ( Carson, Sedillo and Priddis 2013)
Rev.: October 28, 2013 Karen Osborn