COME OUT AND SEE WHAT THE WELDING PROGRAM HAS TO OFFER
WHAT: Welding Information Session - OC Shelton Palmer Center
WHEN: Tuesday Sept 16 at 5:00 - 6:00 pm
WHERE: Olympic College, Shelton, WA ()
Welding Information Session - OC Bremerton SHOP 200
WHEN: Tuesday Sept 16 at 6:00 - 7:30 pm
WHERE: Olympic College, Bremerton Campus
No doubt about it! Welding and Joining technology is a rewarding, though demanding field. If you have the following strengths, you could well be on your way to becoming a success following any one of the many career paths provided by this technology; good mechanical ability, logical mind, learning skills, a team player, imagination, good physical condition, self-discipline and patience, and a sense of integrity and responsibility.
Upon completion, successful students will:
- Safely and accurately use a variety of electric arc processes, basic hand tools and shop equipment to fabricate durable goods.
- Safely and accurately use a variety of torches and fuse gas to produce parts that are used to fabricate durable goods.
- Read, interpret, and use shop drawings and specifications in the fabrication and making of durable goods.
- Apply and practice workplace safety policies and procedures.
- Be prepared to take welder qualification tests in accordance with American Welding Society (AWS) and Washington Association of Building Organization (WABO).