Upon completion of this program, successful students will have demonstrated the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in the following ways:
- Define the basic concepts of business and economics, summarize the types of companies that comprise the world of business, and explain business interdependence and competition.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the importance of business trends including globalization and e-commerce.
- Explain the role of business and economics in promoting social responsibility and ethical behavior in all levels of business.
- Use business and economics concepts to solve business and economics problems.
- Define the importance and application of law in American and global business operations.
- Demonstrate effective two-way communication skills in the solution of business and economic problems.
- Use critical thinking skills in the solution of business and economic problems.
- Describe the effects of government regulation and taxation on business and economic activities.