Diversity Advisory Council (DAC)
Diversity is central to our core values.
The DAC advises the President and the Executive Leadership Team on enhancing diversity, multiculturalism and equal opportunity for all aspects of the college’s mission. As a campus-wide group, the DAC supports diversity initiatives across the college—everything from helping units understand the business case for diversity to providing practical resources for employees, students, and community members.
The DAC represents all of college’s mission areas and student, staff, and faculty groups. Working together, DAC members enhance communication and collaboration across OC’s campuses and departments.
The Diversity Advisory Council (DAC) meets monthly with an agenda to enhance diversity throughout Olympic College.
The DAC links individuals responsible for diversity-related efforts to further the college’s interest in supporting and promoting diversity and equal opportunity. Teamwork, furthering collaboration among schools and departments, and developing and prioritizing diversity initiatives are key charges of the Council.
Contact the Diversity Advisory Council
If you would like to connect with the Diversity Advisory Council, please email email@example.com
Diversity Advisory Council 5 Year Plan
Council members are encouraged to address and make recommendations concerning the following issues, as well as others as they are identified including: increasing the recruitment and retention of diverse students, faculty and employees, improving the campus climate, promoting the university’s mission, supporting diversity initiatives, and assuring quality service to diverse patients.
- Teresa Jones, PhD, Chair, Faculty
- Damon Bell, PhD, Vice President Student Support and Achievement
- Jane Blackman, Work First Director
- Ed Call, Director Safety & Security
- Marwan Cameron, Faculty Business & Technology
- Anthony Carson, Faculty Student Development Services
- Jodi Carson, Mesa Program Manager
- Trish Christean, Faculty Advising Center
- Jodi Collins, Multicultural Support Services
- Jacquie Curry, Human Resources Consultant
- David Emmons, MS, Director of Olympic College Foundation
- Irene Fjaerestad, Faculty ABE/Developmental Studies
- Karen Forsythe, Program Assistant
- Karen Fusco, Directory Access Services
- Amanda Gebhardt-Fuentes, MA, Communications Director
- Athena Higgins, Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Instruction
- Karen Hulsebosch, Faculty MESH
- Gina Huston, Dean of Humanities & Social Sciences
- Sharon Kline, Grants Director
- Miste Leib, Educational Advisor
- Margarita Mashkina, Student
- Laurie Mcintyre, Student
- Kim McNamara, Faculty Business & Technology
- James Mohr, PhD, Dean of Student Development
- Imedla Moore, Fiscal Technician
- Sam Morgan, Educational Advisor
- Thomas Oliver, Executive Assistant to Admin Services
- Darlene Peters, MA, Board of Trustees
- Naomi Saunders, Administrative Assistant
- Ian Sherman, Faculty Social Sciences & Humanities
- Jessica Thompson, Faculty Social Sciences & Humanities
- Val Torrens, Faculty Social Sciences & Humanities