Frequently Asked Questions About Parking 

Q: Do I have to register my vehicle and display a vehicle placard/sticker?
In order to park a vehicle on Olympic College property, yes.  Should you choose not to register your vehicle with Campus Safety and/or display your placard/sticker properly your vehicle may be cited.  Offenders not in compliance may have their vehicles cited and/or towed at their expense.  Those not wishing to follow these rules and regulations may choose to park their vehicles off campus.

Q. What do we need to get an Olympic College student parking permit?
A. Student Picture ID with a current quarter sticker, proof of paid class registration and the valid vehicle registration for each vehicle you will drive to campus.

Q: Why does my student decal have to be stuck to the exterior, rear window lower right corner?
This allows consistent decal location for officers and guards to quickly identify vehicles that do not belong in our parking lots.  The affixation of the decal to this location on the outside of the vehicle prevents parking permit portability from one vehicle to another.  Portable permits have been found to create a number of problems within our parking program, often finding their way into vehicles that do not belong to currently registered students. Not displaying properly placed decals, especially those not permanently affixed (adhered to the vehicle as designed by using the adhesive backing of the decal) may get your vehicle cited. 

Q. How long is a parking permit good for? Do we have to renew every quarter?
A. Parking permits are issued for a period of one academic year; the year begins each Fall quarter. For example, permits for the 2008-2009 school year will expire August 31, 2009. At that time all students will need bring in their OC Student Picture ID to obtain a new permit for the 2009-2010 school year.

Q. If my vehicle was registered the previous school year, can I use the vehicle information on file to obtain a new permit for the new school year?
No, all information from the previous year is archived to make room for the thousands of students going to school in the new year. You must bring in your current Student Picture ID, proof of paid class registration and vehicle registration to obtain a new permit.

Q. If I have other students ride with me, can I park in a carpool space?
A. No. You must first register with the Kitsap Transit Authority and get a valid carpool permit; only then are you eligible to park in carpool spaces without being ticketed. Information on obtaining carpool registration can found by calling (360) 373-2877 or 1-800-501-Ride or apply online at  http://www.kitsaptransit.com/Carpool/Registration.html.

Q. How do I appeal a parking citation?
A. You can click Appeal My Parking Citation and go to the online appeal portal.

Q. How many permits can I have?
A. You are allowed 1 permit for each registered vehicle per academic year. We begin issuing new parking permits each Summer quarter.