Adjunct Faculty and Part-Time Staff Parking
Parking spaces are limited to a first come, first served basis. The decal must be visible at all times to avoid being cited.
The Adjunct/Part-Time decals are $15 for all Adjunct/Part-time staff per academic school year. There are no quarter by quarter payment options for Adjunct/Part-Time or General Lot parking.
For new Adjunct/Part-time Staff to obtain a decal you need the following:
- $15 paid receipt from the Cashier’s office
- Vehicle Registration
- OC Staff Picture ID (available at the 2nd floor of the Facilities Building)
Other Parking Options
NOW OPEN: The G-1 GENERAL Parking Lot
This lot is open for all faculty, staff or students with any valid parking placard or pass. The G-1 lot is first-come-first-served and has no assigned parking spaces. Within the G-1 lot there are designated Handicapped, State Owned, Electric, Micro/Compact and Motorcycle spaces. Parking in these spaces is restricted to those types of vehicles with proper placards or credentials.
Street parking is on a space available basis. A pass is not needed to park along Lincoln Avenue, 15th Street, and Ohio Avenue on the southwest side of the campus. Other streets are posted 1 or 2 hour parking limit and are monitored by the City of Bremerton.
WATCH THE SIGNS ON THE CITY STREETS TO AVOID GETTING CITED
Part-time Staff, Adjunct Faculty and Staff with a valid parking decal may also park in Student Lots after 12:00 p.m. and all other lots after 4:00 p.m.
Adjunct/Part-Time Parking Locations
# of Spaceses
Eastside of the Sci/Tech building. On the corner of Broadway Avenue and 16th Street. Spaces 53-62 are Adjunct; all other spaces are assigned.
Behind the kitchen on the left side; off of Broadway Avenue.
South of the Art Building; off of Broadway avenue.
Lot located on Broadway Avenue and 13th Street, in designated spaces only.
Church parking lot on 15th Street and Ohio Street, spaces 29, 30, 31, and 32. All other spots are assigned.
Adjunct/Part-Time spaces are available in the lower Staff and Faculty lot. If that lot is full Adjunct/Part-Time staff can park in the student lot.
There is a general parking lot located at the southeast corner of the Bremerton campus. This lot is available on a first come, first served basis for all students and employees displaying a valid parking permit.
If you have any questions, call 475-7800 or e-mail Safety and Security
Rideshare Vehicle Registration
The Safety and Security office strongly supports carpools and vanpools.
apply for a carpool placard or vanpool by contacting the Kitsap Transit Rideshare Program at 360-373-2877 or 1-800-501-RIDE or by applying online at: http://www.kitsaptransit.org/Carpool/Registration.html
Parking Citation FinesFines vary from $10.00 to $100.00 depending on the violation. All fees are paid through the Olympic College Cashier’s Office; either by mail or in person during normal business hours. If paying by mail, do not send cash!
Failure to pay fines will result in, but is not limited to: denial of subsequent registration at Olympic College, withholding of transcripts and the forwarding of vehicle/violation information to the State Department of Licensing.
Parking Citation Appeal
All persons have the right to appeal any parking citation withing five (5) working days of the inital citation date. To file an appeal, click on Appeal My Parking Citation to go to the online appeal portal.
The following are unacceptable grounds for appeal:
- Unaware of the rules
- Parking only for a short period
- Failure to/or improper display of parking permit
- Failure to notice signs
ImpoundVehicles will continue to be impounded if found to be blocking another vehicle or access, posing any potential threat to property or personal safety, restricting access to emergency vehicles, repeat parking violations or any reason seen as appropriate by the Director of Safety & Security.
Vehicles will be cited 24 hours-a-day year-round for, but not limited to, the following causes:
- parking in a designated "no parking zone"
- occupying more than one space
- blocking or impeding traffic
- violation of visitor parking (Students. Faculty and Staff are NOT considered visitors)
- carpool violation (parking in a marked Car/Van pool spot (without valid, visible permit)
- handicap/accessible parking violation (without valid, visible permit)
- parking in fire lane or traffic lane
- parking on the grass, sidewalks, planting beds or prohibited areas
- parking within the campus core without prior permission
In addition to the above conditions, the following will be enforced between 7:00am and 4:00pm Monday through Friday from the first day of September to the first day of Summer quarter:
- parking in a faculty/staff lot or any assigned parking space
- no visible Part-Time/Adjunct Placard
- back-in parking - (this includes ‘pull through’ parking) if your vehicle is facing the parking lot driving lane, you are "backed in"
Note: After 4:00pm students are allowed to park in Faculty/Staff lots.
- Motorcycles and motorized bicycles are considered motor vehicles, and the parking violations listed above apply, in addition to:
- Student operated motorcycles shall be parked only in a designated motorcycle parking area or within a parking space in a student lot
- Motorcycles may not be driven on sidewalks, lawns or in the campus core.
The purpose of bicycle control is safety; and this aim will be achieved by keeping bicycles out of buildings, away from building exits and by parking them off of the sidewalks and in the racks that are provided. In addition:
- Bicyclists must always yield to pedestrian traffic on campus;
- Bicycles parked outside of appropriate racks are subject to impound by Security;
- Bicycles are not allowed in buildings at any time.
- For further information contact the Operations Office at 475-7800.
- Citation appeal information and re-issue of lost permits can be obtained from the Operations Office located on the second floor of the Facilities Service Building in Bremerton.
- Parking on city streets is subject to City of Bremerton ordinances