- Open the Internet Tools folder on the desktop.
- Double click on the SSH Secure File Transfer Client icon.
- Click on the Quick Connect button.
- For the Host Name, type in cis2.oc.ctc.edu.
- Enter your username. See the Linux Accounts link at left for more information on usernames and passwords.
- Ensure that the port number is set to 22.
- Click Connect.
- Type in your password.
- Once connected you will be at the main File Transfer window:
- The left window, Local Name, contains all the files locally on your machine. The right window, Remote Name, is a list of all files in your home directory on the server. You can use the left-most icon above the windows (displaying two folders) to browse through drives and folders locally on your machine.
- To upload from your machine to the server, just select the file(s) or folder(s) from the Local Name window (on the left) and drag them to the Remote Name window. Once the transfer has been completed, all the files you selected for uploading will be listed in the Remote Name window, indicating they have been transferred to the remote server.
- To download from the server, select the file(s) or folder(s) to be transferred from the Remote Name window and drag to the Local Name window.
For further help and support, please contact the IT Help Desk at 360-475-7600.