Are you intrigued by any of these topics?
· Workload Management Strategies for Online Faculty
· Writing Effective Learning Objectives
· Designing Effective Assessment Strategies
· Developing Rubrics
· MOOCs: Exploring Learning in Open Courses
· YouTube for Learning
· Designing a Flipped Classroom
· Exploring Interactive Learning Tools
· Supporting Military Students
· And more!
If so, then an online SLOAN Workshop may be for you. Contact Kathy Bright to sign up: firstname.lastname@example.org
For many of us, we find ourselves teaching an online class while never having taken one as a student. If you find yourself in this situation, it's easy to wonder "What makes a good online course?" One of the best trainings out there is Quality Matters. Quality Matters focuses on course design for online class (though frankly, about 80% applies to ground classes as well, so really this is great professional development for anyone!).
The QM rubric identifies 8 standards in which to evaluate one's course. The primary workshop introduces instructors to these 8 standards and how to apply the QM rubric. Additional in-depth workshops focus on specific standards. If you are interested in completing this intense, yet incredibly valuable workshop please contact Kathy Bright, email@example.com