The Olympic College Foundation offers several scholarship opportunities to Olympic College students or high school students planning to attend Olympic College. The Foundation will provide over $145,000 in scholarship support to students attending Olympic College in the 2009-2010 academic year including general, nursing and the Herbert Goodman Merit Scholarship awards.
Olympic College also offers several additional scholarships through the Financial Aid office. See Financial Aid Scholarships.
All Foundation scholarships are privately funded and subject to criteria established by the donor. Awards are based on many factors, so please read carefully and respond to the criteria for each individual scholarship. Award amounts are determined by the donor. The Foundation is not responsible to scholarships withdrawn by a donor.
Steps to Success
- Indicate all scholarships for which you wish to be considered.
- Read and follow the criteria for each scholarship.
- Fill out the Scholarship Application form completely and legibly (read instructions carefully).
- Fill out the Financial Aid form completely and legibly (read instructions carefully).
- Be certain you have signed both application forms correctly.
- Attach the required additional information to the packet.
- A copy of your most recent unofficial academic transcript
- A Personal Essay, including any information you wish the selection committee to know and consider (limit: 1 page, typed, single-spaced).
- Any additional references, writing samples, or other documents that are specifically listed as required based on the criteria of any of the scholarships for which you want to be considered.
To be considered for any scholarship, applicants must fill-out and return a completed scholarship application packet along with ALL required supplemental documents. (Be sure to use the checklist to indicate all scholarships for which you wish to be considered). All material must be received by the deadline stated on the scholarship packet information.
For academic year 2009-2010, completed scholarship application packets must be received by 4:00 p.m., Friday, March 21, 2009 at the Olympic College Foundation Office (located on the 5th floor of the College Service Center (CSC builiding, 1600 Chester Avenue, Bremerton, WA 98337-1699).
Incomplete or Late Applications:
Submission of a complete and timely application packet for any scholarship for which an applicant wishes to be considered is the sole responsibility of the applicant. The Olympic College Foundation staff do NOT screen applications for completion at the time of submission. Scholarship application packets that are incomplete, illegible or missing information, or are not signed by the applicant, or are missing required attachments, will NOT be considered for review. Corrections or completion of such applications is permitted prior to the deadline stated above, at the applicant's request. Corrections or completion of applications after the deadline is NOT permitted. Applications received by the Foundation office after the deadline will NOT be considered.
We CANNOT ACCEPT FAX OR EMAIL SUBMISSIONS, nor can we accept applications delivered late via inter-office or inter-campus delivery. You may hand-carry your competed packet to our office, or be sure to allow sufficent time for delivery via US mail.
Selected candidates will be notified of an award within 6 to 8 weeks of the application deadlines listed above. Because the Olympic College Foundation strives to recognize and reward all deserving students, only one foundation scholarship will be awarded per qualifying student.
Students who are planning to enter the field of nursing are encouraged to consider applying for scholarships in the Summer of 2009. Awards can ONLY be made to student who are accepted in to the nursing program for the 2009-2010 academic year.